June 2018 Oregon voter registration numbers are out. The first full month report after the closed primary. Voters are not longer re-registering from non affiliated to Democratic or Republican to take advantage of their state sponsored primaries so we’re probably back to the “average” changes we’ve been seeing over the past several years.
By the numbers
- The Biggest news. In May, for the first time ever, there were more i/Independents (Independent Party plus non affiliated voters) than there were Democrats.
- In May, 2018 there were 2,413 more i/Independents than Democrats
- In June there were 8,860 more i/Independents than Democrats.
- i/Independents outnumbered Republicans as of June 2018 by 261,899 voters.
- There are 28% more i/Independents than there are Republicans in Oregon
- Democrats and Republicans still hold closed primaries.
- May 2018 to June 2018 changes:
- Non Affiliated voters up 3,333
- Independent Party up 34
- Republicans down 67
- Democrats down 130