Majority of New Oregon Voters Reject Democrats and GOP

Oregon voter registration statistics for April 2014

Month to month comparison shows a huge surge in people registering as NAV (non affiliate voter – one who elects not to belong to any party) and Independent Party of Oregon voters.

Party April, 2014 Mar-14 +/(-) +/-
DEM 833,812 831,271 2,541 0.31%
REP 658,972 655,997 2,795 0.43%
NAV 501,879 494,883 6,996 1.41%
IPO 101,421 100,036 1,385 1.38%
Other Minor 64,191 63,246 945 1.49%
TOTAL 2,160,095 2,145,433 14,661 0.68


  • Of the 14,662 gains in registration, 47.7% registered as NAV and 9.4% registered as IPO. The combined NAV + IPO – which I refer to as the i/Independent voting block- accounts for 57.1% of the increase in registered voters. 
  • Democratic Party accounted for only 17.3% of the growth, while the Republican Party received 19.1% of the growth.  Total Major party new voter share is a meager 36.4%
  • Democratic Party continues to lose market share to Republicans. Both losing market share to NAV and IPO, and even to other minor parties.
  • IPO now makes up 4.7% of registered voters. Slowly getting to the 5% mark where it becomes a major political party, entitled to all the taxpayer benefits the Democratic and Republican Parties receive.
  • Current Voter % total by party:
Oregon Voter Registration by Party

Oregon Voter Registration by Party – April 2014

–  Rob Harris –


  1. Pew Research: The super partisanship of the Democratic and Republican Bases | Oregon OutpostOregon Outpost - June 12, 2014

    […] We’ve pointed out for some time that in Oregon the Democratic Party is losing members faster than the Republican Party and suggested it’s due to the Oregon Democratic party requiring consistent liberal positions to attain leadership within the party. The Pew report may confirm this theory when it  states: […]

  2. IPO to mail voters pamphlet to 100,000 membersOregon Outpost - June 19, 2014

    […] Independent movement is gaining momentum and the IPO is at the spear tip of empowering independent voters. New independent voters – […]

  3. Republican Walden votes yes on Wall St. Giveaway - December 16, 2014

    […] it’s huge give away to Wall St. Well reviled by the quickly dwindling amount of people who will still identify themselves as Democrat or Republican. Elected members of both parties seem to have no issue with bill since they get a huge boost in the […]

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes